Opening Apple CarPlay™ in PCM
Fig. 29: USB port in the center console
- iPhone 5® or later, iOS® 7.1 or higher.
- Siri® and Apple CarPlay™ are enabled in the user's iPhone® settings.
- iPhone® is connected to the USB port in the center console.
- Please see chapter "Connecting an external device via the USB or AUX port" on page 195.
- Only apps on the iPhone® being used, which are supported by Apple CarPlay™ can be displayed.
For further information on the supported apps:
- See www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
- The content and functions displayed within the Apple CarPlay™ function are solely provided by the connected iPhone®.
- If Apple CarPlay™ is used, the connected iPhone® can only be used to make phone calls.
Phones that are connected to the PCM via Bluetooth® are automatically disconnected.
- Some apps require an active data connection. Additional costs may be incurred, depending on the phone rate plan, particularly when used in foreign countries. We recommend using a data flat rate.
For information on operating Porsche Communication Management (PCM):
- Please see chapter "Operating Porsche Communication Management (PCM)" on page 188.
Using Apple CarPlay™ with the PCM
All available apps can be operated using the touchscreen, the rotary push button and the Undo button of the PCM.