Using cargo management
The cargo management system is a variable system for securing objects in the trunk and comprises the following parts:
- two mounting rails integrated in the trunk
- one telescopic rod
- four tie-down rings
- one strap reel
- one trunk partition net
- one reversible mat
For information on stowing loads and luggage:
- Please see chapter "Stowing loads" on page 301.
The reversible mat in the trunk has an anti-slip texture on the underside and is used for transporting wet or heavy objects, for example.
- When transporting wet or heavy objects (e.g. drink crates), use the underside of the reversible mat with the anti-slip surface to avoid dirt and marks on the upper side of the reversible mat.
Inserting and adjusting the telescopic bar
Fig. 258: Using the telescopic rod
- Insert the end elements of the telescopic rod in the openings A of the mounting rails.
- Press the end elements down and push against the load. When the bar is correctly positioned, the load should no longer be able to move.
- Release the end elements.
- Check that the elements are locked in position by pushing against them.
Inserting and adjusting the strap reel
Fig. 259: Using the strap reel
The strap reel is stored together with the tie-down rings in the supplied bag in the trunk or in the spare-wheel well.
- Take the strap reel out of the bag.
- Press button B on the end element of the strap reel and pull both elements out to the width of the two mounting rails.