PDK Selector Lever Release
The vehicle is not secured against rolling away during emergency release of the PDK selector lever and may endanger people or cause material damage as a result.
- Before emergency release, apply the electric parking brake and prevent the vehicle from rolling away (e.g. place a wheel chock underneath).
- Please see chapter "Electric parking brake" on page 73.
- Please see chapter "Securing vehicle to prevent it from rolling away" on page 112.
In order to move the selector level to position N in the event of an electronic failure (e.g. to tow the vehicle), perform emergency release of the selector lever on vehicles with PDK.
Performing emergency release of PDK selector lever
Fig. 162: Performing emergency release of PDK selector lever
- Grip the frame of the shift cover and unclip it at the front first and then at the back.
- Pull the shift cover up off the selector lever.
- Insert a suitable object (e.g. screwdriver) into the opening for the emergency release (yellow plastic part) and push against the spring force.
- At the same time, press the release button on the selector lever in fully and engage selectorlever position N.
- Please see chapter "Removing the tool kit" on page 302.