Guide lines are superimposed on the front and rear camera views.
These guide lines indicate the direction the vehicle can follow with the steering wheel in the current position. The guide lines change with the position of the front wheels.
Deactivating Surround View
- Please see chapter "Deactivating ParkAssist" on page 203.
Limitations of ultrasound measurement
Depending on the model type, the ParkAssist cannot recognize the following things:
- Sound-absorbing obstacles (e.g. wintery conditions, powder snow, clothing made from fabric, hide, or fur).
- Sound-reflecting obstacles (e.g. glass surfaces, flat enameled surfaces).
- Very thin obstacles (e.g. thin posts).
- External ultrasound waves (e.g., air brakes from other vehicles, road sweeping machines, pneumatic hammers) can interfere with obstacle detection.
Information on maintenance
- The sensors and cameras must always be kept free of dust, ice and snow in order to ensure that they are fully functional.
- Do not damage sensors and cameras by abrasion or scratching.
- Maintain sufficient distance when using a highpressure cleaner. The sensors and cameras will be damaged if the pressure is too high.
- Structural modifications to the vehicle, such as for example license plate holder, changing the license plate, or bent or poorly fitted license plates, can impair operation of the system.