When the driver is parking and maneuvring the vehicle, ParkAssist indicates the distance between the vehicle and an obstacle by means of signal tones.
- For information on the ParkAssist visual display and the rear view camera, please refer also to the section "PARKASSIST" in the operating instructions for the Porsche communication systems PCM/CDR.
ParkAssist is activated automatically when reverse gear is selected and the ignition is on. If the vehicle has front ParkAssist, this also issues an automatic warning when
- the distance between the vehicle and an obstacle in front is less than approx. 40 in. (100 cm).
A warning signal sounds.
- the distance between the vehicle and an obstacle in front is less than approx. 32 in. (80 cm).
The ParkAssist visual display appears on the central screen of the Porsche communication system.
Front and rear ParkAssist is not activated:
- At a speed of more than approx. 9 mph (15 km/h).
- When the electric parking brake is activated.
- When the PDK/Tiptronic S selector lever is at position P.
Responsibility for parking and for assessing the risk to persons around the vehicle lies completely with the driver.
- Make sure that no persons, animals or obstacles are within the maneuvering area.
- If the continuous tone sounds, stop and do not move your vehicle further in that direction.
Rear ultrasound sensors
Four ultrasound sensors A in the rear bumper and six sensors B in the front bumper (depending on vehicle equipment) measure the distance to the closest obstacle:
- Range behind the vehicle: Approx. 71 in. (180 cm)
- Range at the side of the vehicle: Approx. 31 in. (80 cm)
- Range in front of the vehicle: Approx. 47 in. (120 cm)
Obstacles cannot be detected in the "blind" sensor area (above and below the sensors, e.g. objects hanging down or close to the ground).