Quick Search: Choose Model and Year, then enter search topic.
Please refer to the notes on operation and road safety on page 7.
The PCM is fully voice controllable (with the exception of the functions in the and menus as well as the various SET menus).
The voice control system is designed so that you can generally say each menu item shown on the display. Exceptions are indicated by an appropriate message on the display of the PCM.
The voice control system is activated by pressing the button on the operating lever for direction indicators, high beam, and headlight flasher (please refer to the chapter "Activating voice control" on page 179). This allows you to operate the PCM without taking your hands from the wheel.
How voice control works
The voice control system recognizes commands or numerical sequences regardless of the respective speaker. It provides acoustic feedback and guides you through the functions.
Incorrect operation and canceling a dialog
If you give a command that is either incorrect or does not exist, the voice control system responds with the query "Could you repeat that?", after which you can say the command again.
After the second failed attempt, the PCM offers you help. After the third failed attempt, the PCM aborts and ends the dialog with the announcement "End".
If you want to deactivate the voice control system during a dialog, you have the following options:
Functions of the button on the lever for direction indicators, high beam, and headlight flasher
By pressing the button on the lever for direction indicators, high beam, and headlight flasher you can
– end a voice control announcement while it is in progress,
– skip to the next part of the announcement in the case of announcements with multiple parts,
– manually cancel a dialog.
The button has no function during a telephone call.
To make it easier for your voice control system to understand your commands, please note the following points:
– The hands-free microphone is aimed at the driver's seat. The voice control system should therefore be
operated by the driver.
– Do not speak while your voice control system is making an announcement.
– Speak without interruptions and at a normal volume. Avoid long pauses and excessive emphasis.