Quick Search: Choose Model and Year, then enter search topic.
ParkAssist can be deactivated using the A button in the roof control console. The indicator light in the button is lit when ParkAssist is deactivated. In this case there is no automatic display on the PCM. Manual activation of the display is not possible either. To find out more, please refer to the section "Switching the display on manually" on page 117.
Switching the ParkAssist display on and off
Switching the automatic display on and off
If the function is activated, the visual parking aid is shown on the PCM display under the following conditions:
– When reverse gear is engaged
– If a roll backwards is detected
– If the distance at the front is less than 80 cm (approx. 31.5 in.)
Switching the display on manually
When the display is active, you can switch immediately to themenu by pressing the button.
Closing the ParkAssist display
The display is closed again as soon as you
– disengage reverse gear (after 30 seconds or a speed > 10 mph),
– operate the electric parking brake,
– bring the PDK selector lever into the P position,
– press one of the main menu buttons, or
– Press the Back button .
In the last two cases you can press the button to return to the display.