Your authorized Porsche dealer will be pleased to advise you about a suitable charger.
- Always observe the instructions provided by
the charger manufacturer.
- If the battery is frozen, thaw it out first before
- When charging the battery, ensure adequate
- Connect the charger to the jump starting terminals.
Only plug into the mains and switch the charger on when it is connected up correctly.
- Switch on the charger.
- After charging the battery, first switch off the charger and then disconnect it.
- Please see the chapter "PUTTING VEHICLE INTO OPERATION" on page 319.
Changing Car Key (Remote Control) Battery
- Please observe the regulations for disposing of batteries.
If the battery in the remote control becomes too weak, the message "Replace ignition key battery" will appear on the multi-function display of the instrument panel.
The battery should be changed in this case.
- Remove the emergency key.
For information on the emergency key:
- Please see the chapter "EMERGENCY KEY" on
- Lever off the cover on the back of the key housing using a small screwdriver.
- Change the battery (check polarity).
- Re-fit cover and press together firmly.
- Insert the emergency key.