If traces of corrosion have already formed, these must be thoroughly removed. An anti-corrosion primer must then be applied to these spots, followed by top-coat paint.
Paint data can be found on the vehicle data carrier.
- Please see the chapter "VEHICLE DATA BANK" on page 335.
Cleaning the engine compartment
Risk of damage, e.g. to the alternator, electrical components and plug connections, painted surfaces and valve covers.
- Never use high-pressure cleaners with a round-jet nozzle.
- Always observe a minimum distance of 21 in. (50 cm).
- Always cover the lid of the brake fluid reservoir prior to cleaning with a high-pressure cleaner. Never point the cleaning jet directly at the lid.
- Cover the spark plug shafts.
- Do not point the cleaning jet directly at any of the aforementioned components.
- Clean all windows regularly, inside and out, with Porsche window cleaner.
- Make sure not to damage the heating filaments of the rear window and the TV antenna of the side window when cleaning.
- Do not use the same chamois for painted surfaces and for drying the windows.
Preservative residues could reduce transparency.
- Remove insect residues with insect remover.
The front side windows have a water-repellent (hydrophobic) coating, which prevents soiling of the windows.
This coating is subject to natural wear and can be renewed.
- Please contact your authorized Porsche dealer.
Care of windshield wiper blades
Windshield wiper blades that are in perfect condition are vital for a clear view.
- Please see the chapter "WIPER BLADES" on page 263.