Alarm system is activated
- The indicator lights flash quickly while you are locking the vehicle, then flash normally.
Alarm system is activated, passenger compartment monitoring and inclination sensor are switched off
- The indicator lights flash quickly while you are locking the vehicle, go out for 10 seconds and then flash normally.
Faults in the central locking system and alarm system
- The indicator lights come on for 10 seconds, flash at double speed for 20 seconds and then flash normally.
There is a transponder (an electronic component), containing a stored code, in each key.
Before the ignition is switched on, the ignition lock checks the code.
The immobilizer can be deactivated and the engine started only using an authorized ignition key.
Data is exchanged via radio transmission on vehicles with Porsche Entry & Drive.
When leaving the vehicle, always:
- Apply the electric parking brake.
- Close all door windows.
- Close the sliding/lifting roof or Panorama roof system.
- Remove the ignition key (or switch ignition off on vehicles with Porsche Entry & Drive).
- Lock the glove box.
- Close all storage compartments.
- Remove valuables, vehicle registration documents, cell phone and house keys from the vehicle.
- Cover luggage compartment with the luggage compartment cover.
- Close the tailgate.
- Lock all doors.