Activating voice control
- Press button .
An acoustic signal sounds and help text for using the five most important voice commands appears on the multi-function display of the instrument panel.
Simply say the command.
For information on switching the help text on and off on the multi-function display:
- Please see the chapter "DISPLAYING PCM INFORMATION ON THE MULTI-FUNCTION DISPLAY" on page 129.
Manual Transmission, Clutch
Obstructed Clutch Pedal
Unsuitable or incorrectly installed floor mats or objects can obstruct the movement of the pedal or prevent application of the pedal.
- Do not obstruct the pedal travel with floor mats or other objects.
Risk of damage to the clutch and transmission.
- Always depress the clutch pedal fully when changing gears. Make sure that the gearshift lever is completely engaged.
- Only shift into reverse when the car has come to a complete stop.
Floor mats of the correct size and with the appropriate fastening are available from your authorized Porsche dealer.
The positions of the gears are shown on the shift diagram on the gearshift lever.
- When shifting gears, always ensure that the clutch pedal is fully depressed and the gear has fully engaged.
- Select reverse only when the vehicle is stationary.
- Select an appropriately low gear on upward and downward slopes.
This will ensure optimum use of engine power and engine braking.
When reverse gear is selected and the ignition is on, the reversing lights come on.
Permitted engine speed
- You should change into a higher gear or ease off the accelerator before the needle reaches the red mark on the tachometer.
If the red zone is reached during acceleration, fuel feed is interrupted.
Risk of engine damage (over-revving) when shifting down to a lower gear.
- Take care not to exceed the maximum permitted engine speed when shifting down.