Quick Search: Choose Model and Year, then enter search topic.
Automatically Controlled 2-zone Air Conditioning
The temperature can be set individually for the driver's and passenger's side.
In automatic mode the air conditioning system exercises full control over the air temperature, air distribution, and air quantity. A number of factors (such as ambient air temperature, amount of sunlight, etc...) are used by the system to determine the optimum settings for the current situation.
Automatic mode is deactivated as soon as the settings are adjusted manually. In this case, automatic climate control still regulates the air-conditioning functions that have not been modified manually.
To avoid impairing the function of the air conditioning system, the interior temperature sensor for the air-conditioning system must not be covered or taped over.
Additional air conditioning settings can be made on the multi-function display on the instrument panel:
All air-conditioning system settings are stored on the respective vehicle key when the vehicle is locked, on vehicles with memory.
Information on air-conditioning compressor
– Can switch off briefly to ensure sufficient engine cooling if the engine is operating under extreme load.
– Switches off automatically at temperatures below approx. 36 °F (2 °C) and cannot be switched on, even manually.
– Operates most effectively with the windows closed.
If the vehicle has been in the sun for a long time, it is a good idea to ventilate the interior briefly with the windows open.
– Depending on the outside temperature and humidity, condensation can drip from the evaporator and form a pool under
the vehicle. This is normal and not a sign of leakage.
Information on automatic load switch-off
If the charging condition of the battery is critical, the following air-conditioning or heating functions are restricted initially and then switched off:
– Seat heating
– Seat ventilation
– Heated rear window/Exterior mirror heating
– Fresh-air blower
– Air-conditioning compressor