Manual Transmission, Clutch
The positions of the gears are shown on the shift diagram on the gearshift lever.
Risk of accident, resulting in serious personal injury or death.
- Do not obstruct the pedal travel with floor mats or other objects.
Nonskid floor mats of the correct size are available at your authorized Porsche dealer.
To avoid damage to the clutch and transmission:
- Always depress the clutch pedal fully when changing gears. Make sure that the gearshift lever is completely engaged.
- Only shift into reverse when the car has come to a complete stop.
- When shifting gears, always ensure that the clutch pedal is fully depressed and the gear has fully engaged.
- Select reverse only when vehicle is stationary.
Reverse gear can be engaged after shifting the gearshift lever as far as possible to the left.
- Select an appropriately low gear on upward and downward slopes.
This will ensure optimum use of engine power and engine braking.
When reverse gear is selected and the ignition is on, the backup lights are illuminated.
Permitted engine speed
- You should change into a higher gear before the needle reaches the red mark on the tachometer, or ease off the accelerator.
If the red zone is reached during acceleration, fuel feed is interrupted.
Risk of engine damage (overrevving) when shifting down to a lower gear.
- Take care not to exceed the maximum permitted engine speed when shifting down.