Quick Search: Choose Model and Year, then enter search topic.
Risk of damage due to separation of the decorative film when using high-pressure cleaning equipment, steam cleaners or similar cleaning equipment.
Care of door lock
If the lock still freezes, use an ordinary de-icer. In many cases, a well warmed key can help. Never use excessive force.
The best protection for the vehicle from the damaging effects of the environment is frequent washing and preservation.
The longer road salt, road dust, industrial dust, insect remains, bird excrement, and tree exudations (e.g. resin, pollen), etc. are allowed to remain on the bodywork, the more harmful their effect.
Observe the following points in order to ensure that the vehicle is washed thoroughly without damaging the paintwork:
Reduced or uneven braking action may be caused by wet brakes.
Cleaning in car washes
Optional add-on parts or parts that project beyond the contours of the vehicle may be damaged by design features of car washes.
The following parts are particularly at risk:
– Windshield wipers and rear wiper (always switch them off – wiper stalk in position 0 – to prevent them wiping unintentionally
in intermittent or sensor operation).
– Door mirrors (always fold in).
– External antenna (always unscrew).
– Roof transport system (always remove completely).
– Wheels (the wider the rim and the lower the tire height, the greater the risk of damage).
Automatic car washes spray water at odd angles and high pressures, which are not seen in normal driving. Therefore, water can sometimes find its way into the passengers compartment during or shortly after the car wash.